A wealth of experience in property adviceMay 26, 2017
It’s important to make sure your property looks its best from the moment it goes on to the market. That’s why at Hosford we’ve developed your property checklist to aid you. When taking the first step to selling your property quickly and painlessly it is important to consider your target market. At Hosford we can advise how to tailor your space to maximise results and not alienate any potential buyers. This ensures your house appeals to the widest selection of buyers follow this property checklist and you’ll be on the right track!
Here is our property checklist:
- Pavement appeal: Make sure the front of your property looks appealing and inviting with a weed-free garden and some attractive pot plants.
- Clean and bright: Before every viewing give your property a once-over, ensuring that windows are clean inside and out – it’s surprising how much difference it makes to the light.
- Cut the clutter: You want the prospective buyer to be able to imagine their own belongings in the property, so de-clutter to keep things tidy. Less clutter will also help make rooms appear larger.
- Set the scene: An example would be if your property suited the profile of a young family, then we would suggest your office/ study be turned back into a bedroom and make a space for a workstation elsewhere in the house. This will ensure that your house will appeal to the widest section of potential buyers.
- Fix it: From leaking taps to a broken bulb, make sure the minor repairs are taken care of. A lick of paint will freshen scuffs and scrapes in the woodwork. Basic maintenance work will help to ensure buyers don’t find any faults.
- Freshen up: Get rid of smoke or pet odours. Open the windows, brew some fresh coffee and brighten the place up with fresh flowers.
- Lighten up: Increase the sense of space with mirrors and lights and leave all internal doors open.
- Pets: Always clean and tidy up after your pets and take them out of the property during open times.
- Warmth: Create warmth by preparing your home to suit the temperature of the day. If it’s cold, light fires, turn on patio heaters and heating. If it’s warm open windows and let the fresh air in.
- Look online: If you want some idea’s to spruce up your home head on over to Pinterest for some great home decor ideas!
If you want to find out more what Hosford can do for you head on over to our page dedicated to selling your property.